11–12 October 2023, Rotherham.
The Nuclear Manufacturing Summit returned for its third year, including the first UK Nuclear Manufacturing Awards.
Again held at the Magna Science Adventure Centre in Rotherham, the 2023 summit brought together hundreds of manufacturers with the leaders of the UK’s major nuclear programmes to share the latest information and insight.
- Simon Bowen, Great British Nuclear
- Julia Pyke, Sizewell C
- David White, Rolls-Royce SMR
- Gareth Thomas, Holtec Britain
- Mark Davies, Ultra Safe Nuclear
- Carol Tansley, X-Energy
- Rachael Glaving, EDF
- John Sulley, Rolls-Royce Submarines
- Gareth Frazer, Sellafield Ltd
- Joanne Lane, Nuclear Transport Solutions
- Prof Gary Jones, Rolls-Royce
- Duncan Steel, Jacobs
- William Rowles, Babcock
- Carwyn Chamberlain, DBD International
- Andrew Bowie MP, DESNZ minister for nuclear and networks
- Stuart Broadley, Energy Industries Council
- Kirsty Gogan, Terra Praxis
- Tom Greatrex, Nuclear Industry Association
- Steve Bagshaw, High Value Manufacturing Catapult
- Dan Mathers, Nuclear Innovation and Research Office
- Nick Walkden, Fusion Industry Association
- Saralyn Thomas, Abbott Risk Consulting
- Sarah Champion MP
For a detailed write-up of the conference, including key messages from all speakers, download the special edition of Nuclear AMRC News (4MB pdf).
Save the date for the fourth Nuclear Manufacturing Summit: 20-21 November 2024.
The first UK Nuclear Manufacturing Awards were held on the evening of 12 October at a spectacular gala dinner, with six awards recognising the best of the best in the nuclear manufacturing sector.
The award categories, shortlisted nominees and winners are:
- Customer focus: Bendalls Engineering; Hydrobolt; Nuclear Energy Components.
- Innovation: Sellafield Ltd; Sheffield Forgemasters; Tokamak Energy & Qdot.
- People development: Hydrobolt; Proeon Systems.
- SME: GR Carr; Hydrobolt; Witt Group – Fan Systems.
- Large employer: Sheffield Forgemasters; Skanska.
- Young manufacturing engineer: William Coles, Westinghouse; Tom Hughes, Westinghouse; Grace McCrickard, Jacobs.
Thank you to all our industry sponsors for the Nuclear Manufacturing Summit:
- Sheffield Forgemasters (platinum)
- Ultra Energy (platinum)
- Jacobs (gold & dinner)
- Cementation Skanska Fabrications (gold)
- Cavendish Nuclear (gold)
- GR Carr (gold)
- Haynes International (gold)
- Sellafield Ltd (gold)
- TPAC NDT (gold)
- Unique Polishing (gold)
- EDF (keynote speaker)
- Witt Group – Fan Systems (lanyard)
- PTC (drinks)
- Parc Sopemea (award)
- Rolls-Royce Submarines (award)